CIFF2018 Junior Chef Award
The CIFF2018 Junior Chef Award is open to all culinary students from across Cyprus, aged 16 – 25.
Focus of Award
To create starter and main course recipes which are healthy, convenient and cost effective using local products as far as possible.
How to Enter
Participant chefs are required to create and submit recipes for a starter and main course with photographs of their creations. The portion is to serve 3 people.
- Entries open on 01 December 2017 with online registration and recipe submission to be completed by 30 January 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
- Chefs may only enter in one of the cities
- Entrants must submit recipes and photographs of the starter and main course in a Word Document in Calibri font size 11, with colour photographs sent as attachments in JPEG format with a resolution of at least 300dpi. (Any documents not submitted in this format will not be accepted)
- The recipes will be judged on the novel use of products, originality of the recipe, the degree of difficulty and skill required as well as fusion of the flavours and portion obedience.
- From the entries received, a panel of accredited judges will select 6 chefs to participate in the CIFF2018 festivals in the region selected – either Paphos, Larnaca, or Nicosia.
- Selected chefs will be required to re-create their recipes, with 3 portions.
- The dishes will be judged on preparation, presentation and taste.
- 3 Chefs will compete on Saturday and 3 on Sunday, with the winner being announced at 8pm on Sunday evening. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each Chef will be required to use their own knives and ingredients.
- Each Chef is responsible for health, hygiene and safety regulations at all times according to CIFF2018 Rules and Regulations.
- All Chefs must be prepared to be photographed for publicity and promotion purposes and interact with the Social Media platforms of the Cyprus International Food Festival.
Stay tuned for the amazing prizes coming shortly…